The pressure was on for this shows script because Professor Dahlia wouldn’t be the one proofing it. I know this is what I will be doing after graduation in December, but I still like to have her expertise looking at it before we put it on air. My scripts are constantly improving, but I am still not perfect by any means. I am still focusing on more creative lower-thirds and making smoother transitions between stories. Although it did not get looked at the way it normally does, I am still pretty proud of this script.
For this show’s read through, I decided to get a little stricter with how the anchors were reading. In the past during taping, we typically need to have another reading, so the anchors sound more energetic and “newsy.” With a little motivation this time through, they were reading just the way I wanted them to read for show the next morning. It proved to be helpful for the following morning when an anchor being able to read was on the bottom of the priority list with all of the problems we encountered.
Taping this week was more hectic than normal. Professor Dahlia was out sick for this taping, and we had guests in the studio. Students from a different journalism class came to observe our group in the studio. However, everyone’s plans were put on hold when the fire alarm went off at the Waterfront. The team and I hiked down the Rail Trail to wait for it to end. By the time we were back in the studio, we were tight on time to get a great take. It was really tough calling the shots without guidance from Professor Dahlia, but everyone really came together to make another suitable show. We will be happy to have her back next week, but it is nice to know that we can really put a show together on our own.